Tuesday, August 25, 2009

cooking class

I walked home from the university for lunch and am guessing it takes about 30 minutes. I like walking and would do this all the time except that it was very humid.

A few of us walked to the Parque Central between classes.  I thought this sign was funny especially considering the couple on the left.

Had my first cooking class today and made empanadas: ham/cheese, beef/chiles/egg, and tomato/cheese/basil. I have to say that I did not eat much of what I cooked. After class ended at 6:00 it is fairly dark. I took a taxi for the first time which is interesting because I did not have an address to give him. Most of the students have written instructions from their host parents that they can show the cab driver. I don't have this yet as I take the bus. I told the driver I needed to go to San Pablo (neighborhood/village) near to MasXMenos (supermarket) and then was able to direct him to my house about 2 blocks from there.

I was very excited tonight as my shower was lukewarm! It wasn't anywhere near what we would call warm but it was better than before. About half way through the shower the water actually got warm...for about 15 seconds and then it was freezing cold. Oh well, I tried to enjoy it while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment