Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Romeo & Juliet

Last weekend some of us went to San Jose (capital) to see Romeo and Juliet at the National Theater.  We met at our university so we could take the bus together.  I had just arrived there when I realized I had forgotton my ticket for the play.  Since the bus we were taking goes by my house, I left ahead of everyone else so I could hop off to get the ticket.  I then ended up waiting 45 minutes at the bus stop until the bus came that had the rest of the group.

Once we arrived in San Jose, we went to the hotel/hostel where we were staying.  This place was really cool-all bright colors and open air.  There were three parts to the place: the main house, chalet and annex.  After settling in and getting dressed up for the theater, we went out to eat.  I had fajitas that were delicious!  We then walked over to the theater.  We went through a plaza area where there were literally about 100 couples sitting.  Everywhere you looked there were couples-apparently it is the place to go.



"A home away from yours, Welcom to Kap's Place, Pura Vida"


entrance hall








chalet kitchen


common area outside of our rooms

The theater was absolutely beautiful; hopefully I will be able to get some better photos of it when I go back next week.  We sat in the nosebleed section-3rd balcony.  The ceiling above the top row was only about 5'6" high.  This is because we bought the cheapest tickets at 5000 colones ($8.60).  The play was good but we were all very tired after (one girl even fell asleep during the play and I have to admit that I was tempted to also).








After this we went back to the hostel and hung out for a little bit, watching some Latino show where older ladies were dancing in some type of competition.  I think this was only amusing because it was 1am.  Sunday morning we just relaxed, checked out all the brochures they had about things to do/see in Costa Rica, and then headed back to Heredia.

No comments:

Post a Comment